Translate

Monday, September 23, 2013

Alfajores

The other day I was talking to one of my best friends and it so happens that she is Peruvian! Hence this post about alfajores. Peruvian food in general is delicious but I especially like these little cookies! I couldn't get the step by step instructions and I've never made these my self but if anything you can always get yourself a Peruvian friend and ask for the homemade recipe hahahaha. Well for now I'll just give you the ingredients list, if anyone is interested in making them though you can always contact us and we will be happy to ask our friend to make this desert as authentic as possible!

Ingredients 
  • 1 cup cornstarch
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
  • 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 1 tablespoon pisco or brandy
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup dulce leche, at room temperature
  • Powdered sugar, for dusting
P.S. Happy Hispanic heritage month!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love these!! My favorite Peruvian food, if it's considered "food". You should bring me some one day ;)

    ReplyDelete